Our Mission & Vision
Our vision and mission is to help connect people to faith
The Bridge exists to share with our world God’s love as revealed through His Son, Jesus Christ. We are here to pursue a vital, living relationship with the Lord, and with one another, in the power of God’s Holy Spirit. Our core values govern how we, as a congregation, gather, what ministries we provide, and where we invest both our physical and financial resources. Each of the following core values form a part of our vision of what The Bridge will be:
- Prayer and the Word of God are our Foundation.
- Every person is valuable to God and His Kingdom.
- The Christian Life is being fully devoted to Christ and His cause.
- Being reborn into His Kingdom, we should be authentic Followers of Christ. We should continually grow in Christ by learning His way, manifesting His power, and serving our world.
- Every member is a minister, called to have a servant’s heart. We should invest our time, talents, and finances for Christ’s cause, to expand His Kingdom.
- Jesus Christ actively demonstrated His heart for the lost, and so should we, by deliberately reaching out to others. We believe that the most effective Evangelism happens through personal relationships.
- Everyone should involve themselves in an intimate group of believers, where “community” happens.
- We embrace the ethnic and economic diversity of our City and its surrounding areas, in every way, resulting in ministry that impacts our area of influence.
- We have a world-wide calling. We will therefore partner with ministries throughout the World, proclaiming the message of Jesus Christ, to reach every soul, everywhere.
- We are committed to honoring God and using His gifts to us, by ministering with excellence for maximum impact.
What We Believe
We believe the Bible to be the Inspired and only infallible, authoritative, eternal Word of God.
II Timothy 3:16, 17; Hebrews 4:12; II Peter 1:21; Isaiah 40:8; Psalm 119:89, 160
We believe that there is one triune God, eternally existent as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9-11; John 5:18, 23; 10:29-30; Psalm 139:7; I Corinthians 2:10-11; Hebrews 1:5-12; II Corinthians 13:14
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
John 1:1-5; 20:28; Colossians 1:15-17; Matthew 1:22-23; 3:16-17; II Corinthians 5:12; Romans 3:25; Matthew 28:5-7; I Corinthians 15:3-8; Acts 1:9-11; 2:32-33; Romans 8:34; Ephesians 4:8-10; Hebrews 1:2-3; I Thessalonians 4:16-18
We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the Salvation of lost and sinful Mankind. Salvation is by faith alone, through grace alone. Sanctification is the continual work of the Holy Spirit in those who trust in Jesus Christ.
John 3:5-6; Titus 3:5-6; Ephesians 2:8; Galatians 3:23; I Peter 1:2
We believe in the personal baptism of the Holy Spirit as received by believers on the Day of Pentecost. We believe in the present-day manifestation of all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in the church.
John 1:33; 20:21-23; Acts 1:8; 2:4; 4:31; 8:17; 10:44-46; 19:3-6; Romans 12:6-8; I Corinthians 12:13, 27-31; 14:1-40; Ephesians 5:18
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a consistent, godly life and to be a witness to unbelievers.
Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:9-11, 13-15; 15:18-19; II Corinthians 1:21-22; Ephesians 3:14-19; 5:18-20
We believe in obeying the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment.
Matthew 22:37-38; 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; John 20:21
We believe in the Resurrection of both the Saved and the Lost – of they who are saved, unto the Resurrection of Life; of those who are lost, unto the Resurrection of Damnation.
John 5:28-29; I Corinthians 15:20-23; Revelation 20:11-15
We believe that unity regarding the Foundational Doctrines clearly taught in the Holy Bible is absolutely essential. At the same time, because we celebrate diversity and value the uniqueness of every individual, we do not force uniformity. We come from many different backgrounds, but, it is our common beliefs that draw us to one another. Together, we are the Body of Christ, therefore, unity and harmony are the top priorities of our Church Family. Then, and only then, can we build the Kingdom and reach our World together.
John 17:11; Romans 12:1-13; 14:1-23; I Corinthians 12:4-6, 27-28; Ephesians 4:1-6
Who We Are
Our Team & Leadership
Jerry and Darlene McCamey
Thank you for checking out our website. I trust you have been able to get an idea of what The Bridge is all about. The church of Jesus Christ is not a building nor is it an organization. The church is made up of followers of Jesus. In this section, you are going to be able to get a much better picture of who The Bridge really is. The Bridge is made up of the most precious people I have ever known: Their heart, love, and compassion for others is unsurpassed! They love the Lord with a passion and dedication that is unmatched. The amazing thing about this group is…You Are Welcome!!! We love, accept, and forgive as the Lord has instructed and exemplified. So come and join us at The Bridge!
Frank and Ann Sloan
Jesse and Camden Taggart
Axis Youth Directors
Tony and Amanda Gootee
Children's Ministry Directors
Bridge Kids Leader
Bridge Babies Leader